Friday, March 2, 2012

Piling Up on Friday 3/2


This weekly meme is hosted here at Finding Your Gibbee. Feel free to play along, and post a link to your blog in the comments below. List all the books you have added to your To Be Read List this week. (These don't have to be titles you have actually purchased.)

Welcome, welcome, lovely spring! Yes, here in south Texas it is spring (or pretty darn close to it.) In the last couple weeks the birds have migrated back to our area, so the air is full of beautiful birdsong. My husband recently hung up our bird feeder again by the front door, and I've seen lots of squirrels playing on our back fence. * le sigh * I love this time of year :)

I've been on a sewing frenzy lately. Mainly I work on short & sweet projects for Stars n Stripes, a local charity group that makes crafty things for our military babies and veterans. But I also just finished an Easter dress for my oldest, as well as a drawstring backpack for her, and a wrap skirt for me. (I found a very simple tutorial for the skirt at this website here.)

Now, take a look at these lovely critters. Aren't they just adorable!


I've also been on a crocheting kick, and I've been making lots of toys. I found a pattern for the cute chicks on Ravelry.com and I've been crocheting several to get ready for Easter. I plan to put some in my kids' baskets this year.

Here are my new TBR titles for this week:




Red Plenty by Francis Spufford




The Orchid House by Lucinda Riley


Londoners by Craig Taylor

Happy reading everyone and happy spring!
Bean










1 comment:

  1. Hi Jean

    Yes, the little chicks are adorable. I would like to have a go at making these. I'll pop on over to the other site and look for the pattern.

    ReplyDelete