Saturday, January 14, 2012

Heaven is For Real book review


My rating = 5 stars (Gibbee!)

After reading the illustrated children's book, Heaven is For Real for Kids, I knew I would love this book, and I was not disappointed. It's a fascinating book about a three-year-old boy's near-death experience, and how his family and community was affected by it. 

Colton Burpo was hospitalized for a ruptured appendix. During the surgery, Colton later told his family, he went to heaven and saw Jesus, met his great-grandfather and a sister his mother had miscarried before Colton was born. Colton also descried the throne room of God, the gates of heaven, and a view of the world's future, among other things.


This book is very uplifting and inspiring. I truly enjoyed it. It brings reassurance to those of the Christian faith, regardless of church affiliation. The story brings to mind a scripture from the Book of Mormon — 

"And it came to pass that [Jesus] did teach and minister unto the children of the multitude of whom hath been spoken, and he did loose their tongues, and they did speak unto their fathers great and marvelous things, even greater than he had revealed unto the people; and he loosed their tongues that they could utter." 
Happy reading everyone!
Bean

3 comments:

  1. I too read Heaven is For Real and loved it. I adore the innocence with which young Todd describes what he saw and how the whole experience unfolds to his parents. Thanks for the review.

    And... for the welcome to Book Blogs :)
    Come visit me too at www dot chanakeefer dot com

    Chana Keefer
    author of The Rapha Chronicles, Book 1: THE FALL

    *a biblical retelling of ancient times through the eyes of an angel who was once best friends with Lucifer*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh! Received it from my teacher for my birthday and just started reading it! Soo good! Wow! I love your reviews :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for reading along w/ me, Alex! I'm glad you like the book too

    ReplyDelete