Friday, March 9, 2012

Piling Up on Friday 3/9

This weekly meme is hosted here at Finding Your Gibbee. Feel free to play along, and post a link to your blog in the comments below. List all the books you have added to your To Be Read List this week. 
(These don't have to be titles you have actually purchased.)

I love thrifting, which is my sister's word for thrift store shopping/treasure hunting. I have a few local stores I always go to for a good find, and this week I found an interesting little read. After I brought it home, I showed it to my 8-yr old, and she immediately opened it and read to page 30 before saying another word to me!

The Garden of Eve by K.L. Going
Here is the blurb from the book cover:

"Evie doesn't believe in magic anymore. After all, if magic were real, her mom would still be alive. But when Evie moves to Beamont, New York, where her father has bought a withered apple orchard that the townspeople whisper is cursed, she learns about a lost girl, receives a mysterious seed, and meets a boy who claims to be dead. Before long, Evie finds herself in the middle of a fairy tale. And this one is real."

I anticipate I will have a book review for this book soon. It looks like a lot of fun.
Here are the rest of my TBR titles for the week:


The Evolution of Bruno Littlemore by Benjamin Hale


The First Lady of Fleet Street by Eilat Negev



The Helios Conspiracy by Jim DeFelice



I Hadn't Understood by Diego De Silva


No comments:

Post a Comment