Wednesday, March 14, 2012

The Total Money Makeover book review




My rating = 4 stars

What can I say about Dave Ramsey that hasn't already been said? The man has graduated from the School of Financial Hard Knocks, and he's devoted his life to teaching everyone what he's learned so we don't have to go through the pain he did.

I read this book mainly because my husband asked me to. He wants us to work on Ramsey's Baby Steps, even though we have no debt besides our house, and we don't believe most of the financial myths discussed in the beginning of the book. But, as Ramsey says, he wants to teach you how to be financially exceptional, not just average (which is what we are.) I'm all for that!

Along with Ramsey's step-by-step guide to financial success, this book is full of personal success stories - people who have been thousands and thousands of dollars in debt, and by following Ramsey's guide, have pulled themselves out of dire straits. These are very inspiring stories, and they helped drive home the point that, given the chance, it's always better to improve your financial situation rather than just accept your average status quo.

No comments:

Post a Comment