Friday, January 20, 2012

Follow My Blog Friday


Follow Friday is a weekly meme hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read

Q: What's the craziest thing you've ever done to get your hands on any particular book?

I don't know how "crazy" this is, but I was one of the insane masses of people who stood in line all night to get one of the first copies of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. At the time I had a credit card with a unique reward system - for every $1000 spent on the card, they would send me a $10 gift certificate to Barnes & Noble. Saaweeeeeetttt!!!!  (I didn't let hubby use any other method of payment to buy anything for a year or so. I was so sad when the program ended :(   

So the night of the book release comes, and I had been saving up my certificates for the Harry Potter book. It was a fun night, with games for the kids, and everyone in a happy mood, talking and laughing. I remember how excited everyone got when the store employees pushed a large cart up to the front, covered in large sheets of paper so we couldn't see the coveted books piled high underneath. 

Everyone got a ticket designating when they could stand in line and purchase their book, and somehow I got a ticket from the first group selected. It was so awesome to have my book bought just 20-25 minutes after midnight, and with my certificates it was free! 

No comments:

Post a Comment