Thursday, January 5, 2012

Booking Through Thursday

btt button

If you could sit down and interview anyone, who would it be? And, what would you ask them?


I've been thinking about my grandmother a lot the last couple months. She is definitely the top person on my list I would want to interview. There always seem to be so many things I wish I could ask her. The one thing I would particularly want to ask her is how she handled raising her four children (including my father.) And I would ask her how she kept her faith in God through all her challenges in life.

In talking with my dad the other day, we both agreed that if Gramma was still here with us, she would be completely in love with Kindle. Dad says she loved to read, and especially loved buying books from Deseret Book. She couldn't afford a lot of things, but books were especially important to her. She sent me an entire collection of Mark Twain for my birthday once, and I still have the paperback copy of Les Miserables she gave me in high school. When she passed away, my aunts let me go through her bookshelves and pick anything I wanted. I brought home at least 3 dozen books from that visit!

Gramma, I miss you and look forward to seeing you again one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment